Blindspot Gallery is delighted to present It’s Always You, Sin Wai Kin’s first solo exhibition in Asia. Presenting works never previously shown in Hong Kong, chronologically from 2016 to 2021, this exhibition traces the creative journey of the artist, who again and again reinvents themselves to hold multiple identities, and to shift between different ways of being. Encompassing film, face wipes, performance, texts, ephemera, Sin’s practice embraces a breadth of material and gender expressions and the worlding of alterity. The manifold journey of It’s Always You manifests the perils and joys of naming, the cycle of birth and endless rebirth, the inevitability of change, and the ease and grace of metamorphosis. Sin Wai Kin is a carrier bag, a gatherer and forager of characters, dances, fictions, truths, histories, and possible futures.
Sin Wai Kin: It’s Always You
- Financial Times, May 2022, "Hong Kong’s Blindspot Gallery continues to break new ground", by Andrew Russeth
- AsiaArtPacific, Mar/Apr 2022, "Sin Wai Kin Self, World, Universe", By Tiffany Leung
- Art Review, Jan-Feb 2022, "Sin Wai Kin It's Always You" by Aaina Bhargava
- Artomity, Feb 2022, "Sin Wai Kin 單慧乾" by Brady Ng
- South China Morning Post, 25 Nov 2021, "How BTS and Mirror help Hong Kong artist represent nonbinary genders and fluidity of existence" by Christie Lee